MadmoiZelle speaks English

M

Membre supprimé 153117

Was it difficult ? And why did you do it ?

I can't say if it was difficult or not, actually I don't remember. We had classes before to get used to the way exercices had do be done.

I did it kind of "for fun". I was sixteem, had a good level of english and wanted to "extend it a little bit". (And I was bored durong english classes.)

Now I'm 23 and my english has become such a meeeeeesss. :mur:

• Big up !
Réactions : Selby
17 Décembre 2014
I can't say if it was difficult or not, actually I don't remember. We had classes before to get used to the way exercices had do be done.

I did it kind of "for fun". I was sixteem, had a good level of english and wanted to "extend it a little bit". (And I was bored durong english classes.)

Now I'm 23 and my english has become such a meeeeeesss. :mur:

Oh yes, you were in an European section, right ? A friend did this exam too. It is special for schools. In my school, pupils from European section can sit it too :) But I'm not in an European section, so I have to sit the "normal" one.

3 Septembre 2010
1 715
4 894
Rouen
@Selby you should try the C1. I had to take the test in my first year of high school (european section) and it was really easy ^^ My teacher asks for the B1 test and I got really high results in everything according to the paper I got. I think I should have passed the B2 test instead if I had had the choice.

I think the Cambridge test can be useful when you applied for a university degree as it uses the CECR levels common in the educational system of european countries. But TOEFL and TOEIC are more useful for jobs / internship and sometimes required by universities too.

• Big up !
Réactions : Selby
3 Juillet 2013
1 224
TOULOUSE
To begin a new subject I have a question :

What is your favorite English accent and the worst for your ears/ the one you have the more difficulties to understand ?
For me my favorite accent it is the Scottish accent, I LOVE IT <3 Even without want it, after a short journey in Scotland I took it a little bit doing the R like Scottish people (result I lost points in English oral in the University because is not properly English...) and I love the accents of the men in Peaky Blinder; somebody know to what part of UK it from ?
And for me the worth accent it is the India accent, even when I really try I never understand it ! ><'

And for the eternal question : you prefer American or English accent ?
I prefer the American one :P English accent is too much bourgeois to me and I think it is more easier to understand the American accent (except from the Texas and some states of the South!)

• Big up !
Réactions : Selby et Belle-de-nuit
3 Septembre 2010
1 715
4 894
Rouen
@Kaindaty I prefer all British accents over the American ones. I think I have been associating the American accents with the movie and music industries (+ "internet" accent) therefore it became a "default / neutral" accent for me. By comparison, the British accents still seem more exotic (and sexy) and are sure to attract my attention ! And I write in British English whenever Word is not changing my spelling for me ^^

• Big up !
Réactions : Selby et Numbiedumbie
4 Mars 2014
11 344
43 878
5 604
Montpellier
My favorite accent : Scottish, obviously ! Best. Accent. Ever. :drama:

American or English accent ? English is actually a lot easier to understand. RP seems very posh even to British people so not RP but general English accent is very nice to the ear. General American accent is a bit dull to my taste :cretin:

• Big up !
Réactions : Selby et Kaindaty
17 Décembre 2014
My favorite accents are all the British accents, I could not choose ! But I love how English (either British or American) sounds, in every instance :cretin:
But I still prefer the English accent over the American one, because I reaaaally love British litterature (even if I like the American one too!) and I'm utterly fond of England (especially London) and its inhabitants :loveeyes: (and I plan to get married with a British man :drama:)

11 Janvier 2015
1 202
6 167
2 074
www.flickr.com
What is your favorite English accent and the worst for your ears/ the one you have the more difficulties to understand ?
My favorite has some scottish accent, but not too thick otherwise I just can't understand them. Scottish brogue is lulling. I'm also going to mention how hard it is to understand the Geordie accent, but then even the British have a hard time understanding it.
So far, one of the weirdest for my ear has been from New-Zealand.

And for the eternal question : you prefer American or English accent ?
British RP is really nice to the ear!

@Kaindaty : whaddya mean you're losing point at university for having a different accent? They do realise that not everyone can speak BBC English, right?

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes