MadmoiZelle speaks English

Adybou

Ambassadrice de Ville
15 Octobre 2012
62 464
296 396
10 404
@Ypsilon You're welcome ! Instead of saying "I think I don't wrote english since a few month", I would say "I've only started writing english since a few months". And you can't use the present followed by a past verb.
@Pomegranate thanks !

• Big up !
Réactions : Melfïnn
P

Patatelalex

hello everybody
I'm no longer speaking in english, so I'm afraid to loose everything. I really like watching cartoons and talking about it.
nice to meet you. :)

@Melfïnn I really like this show! It's cute and looks sometime inocent but it could be very deep. Some episode could be creepy and perturbing... Some episodes make me feels happy and others sad. You can look at them one by one, but there is a deep point when you see them all in order.
The humor is quite absurd and childish (Ilove it), there is a lot of cultural reference, and the way of dealing with subject like lonelyness
Ce contenu est réservé aux membres inscrit.es. Inscris-toi par ici.
take the gut.

Adybou

Ambassadrice de Ville
15 Octobre 2012
62 464
296 396
10 404
@Melfïnn oups ! Gotham isn't a superhero show like The Flash. It focuses on the cop's career (I forgot his name :/) from the time Bruce's parents were killed. Some villains like Catwoman and Poison Ivy are introduced but as teenagers. In terms of representation and cast diversity (cause it matters to me) : one character is bisexual, two or three (maybe four) characters are not POC (Persons Of Color).

In conclusion, if you like cops shows, you'll like it. If you thought it would be based on Bruce's past, before he became Batman, then you'll be (a bit, at least) disappointed. But I'd suggest you try it, just to be sure. You never know !

Adybou

Ambassadrice de Ville
15 Octobre 2012
62 464
296 396
10 404
@Melfïnn I understand the (early) disappointment : people saw a show named Gotham. Gotham => Batman's territory, so they thought it would be the DC version of Marvel Agents of Shield. But seeing Gordon dealing with all the corrupted cops, and the criminals is nice too ! I'm hoping that a) Agent Carter will have good audiences to last as long as Grey's Anatomy or Supernatural and b) they'll then give us a Black Widow show (and tons of movies) !!!

2 Août 2011
1 876
9 233
5 164
I watch Gotham too, I like it, I like the references and I really like The Penguin ! But sometimes, I don't know, they could make something very good with this and I'm under the impression that story and all the characters could be better, especially on some episodes. But overall, I quite like it !

I have to watch Agent Carter ! I didn't watch the entire first season of Agents of Shield though...I should get back to that !

• Big up !
Réactions : Adybou
30 Septembre 2012
4 679
Brussels
Series and films are a brilliant way to improve the language skills. I would advise reading books as well- you don't need to understand everything, just try to get the gist.
I think what I like about it is that you never stop learning- I consider myself almost as bilingual but because my boyfriend speaks a very colloquial English, I can add a new word to my personal dictionary almost every day!

Oh and quick one : when mentioning a language or a nationality, always put a capital letter. It's English and not english :)

• Big up !
Réactions : Adybou et Furya

Adybou

Ambassadrice de Ville
15 Octobre 2012
62 464
296 396
10 404
@Pomegranate you have to watch Agent Carter ! And Shield ! (I've a list of shows I want the whole world to know (or actually the people I talk to) : Orphan Black, Scandal, HTGAWM, and Agent Carter. Plus OINTB and GOT for those stubborn people who still didn't even try these shows.)

2 Août 2011
1 876
9 233
5 164
I really want to watch Orphan Black too !
I used to watch Masters of Sex and I loved it but I stopped (why ??)
I don't have anything to do this week-end, maybe I'll just binge watch tv shows ! (but I also have movies, and books, and video games...)
Do you think I can get paid to stay in front of my TV all day ? Is that acceptable ? :cretin:

• Big up !
Réactions : Adybou

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes