MadmoiZelle speaks English

3 Juillet 2013
1 224
TOULOUSE
@DatPotato It should be not complicated, there are so many French people in London ! I was over here 10 days for the new year (what a such disappointment the fireworks this year) and I hear every 100 meters speak French...

• Big up !
Réactions : DatPotato
20 Janvier 2012
2 924
Leicester
@Kaindaty Yeah but they're mostly tourists :hesite: So it ain't that fun really, but I love helping lost French tourists, they're really cute, and nice. Though I am looking for a bar or pub for the two election nights coming up, just to watch the results.

@Selinde Yup been living in the South, Lestah, and now I'm down in London :nod: It's way too expensive, but pretty sweet. And cheers for the info!

• Big up !
Réactions : Selinde
19 Juillet 2015
Paris
www.instagram.com
Hi everyone!
I just got accepted in Birkbeck University in London :happy:
I was wondering if anyone had advices about moving to London? Flatshare or university lodgings? Is London managable by bike (I thought about that so I wouldn't pay a super expensive Oyster card)? How to open a bank account and transfer money on it for minor fees (or for free)? Do you have anecdotes that you'd like to share about living in London? :happy:
Thanks a lot for your insights! :puppyeyes:

• Big up !
Réactions : younicorn
3 Juillet 2013
1 224
TOULOUSE
Congrat! Well, I've been to London only as a tourist so I can't really advice you, just I lived in Scotland and opened a bank account in Halifax and it was really quick, easy and free, they only ask for my ID and phone number.

• Big up !
Réactions : RadioLu
19 Juillet 2015
Paris
www.instagram.com
@Kaindaty & @LNounette thanks a bunch for your answers :fleur:
Even if you're not in London, do you have any advices regarding the small hacks of everyday life that help save money? (I know of the Meal Deals at Tesco for example) :happy:

Oh, and I will also be searching for a job there! I'm in the film industry and am an aspiring director and screenwriter. If any Madz here is looking for an intern/assistant/handygirl, let me know! :puppyeyes:

20 Janvier 2012
2 924
Leicester
@RadioLu You'll have to go for a houseshare or flatshare as a student, the more central you go, the more expensive it's gonna get. And regarding the oyster card, you do pay smaller fees if you are a student in London so you should probably have a look at that, because trying to avoid the Tube is impossible; it's convenient and fast (but expensive I know). I'm in Canary Wharf so it's an easy commute (though I wouldn't do it by bike) but from farther away, it can be quite a pain.
But student halls are an absolute rip off, just don't go there it's crazy expensive.

Regarding small hacks, I always do my food shopping online and get my groceries delivered; it's easier to manage my budget, and I can shop the offers real easy. Also as a student, create a Unidays/Student Beans account and perhaps try and buy a NUS card, it'll get you many discounts that can be helpful.

• Big up !
20 Janvier 2012
2 924
Leicester
@RadioLu Unidays and Student beans are websites that give student discounts, you register with your student email address. The NUS card is a card you buy at uni in England (i have one) and it gives you some student discounts as well.

Dernière édition :
  • Big up !

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes