MadmoiZelle speaks English

21 Septembre 2008
2 322
4 984
Hey girls! It's been a while I didn't come here!
But I'm back in a bad mood. I feel bad and I hate this!
I think I better go play some music ...

14 Janvier 2009
1 911
1 874
La Sauve
I really don't know what kind of english I speak... I write a lot, chatting on the internet with friends, but I don't talk enough to know ...

I'd like to be somewhere else. Anywhere, far from here u_u

28 Septembre 2008
2 189
Rezé
As for me, i'm in High School, and i never had the possibility to speak with real english or american people, and i have two english teacher : one with an american accent and the other with an english accent, and i think my accent is more english, furthermore, i look Skins, and not Desperate Housewives =) may be it's the reason. Look, i'm bad in writing in english :s i'm better in talking.
Well, i hope i could come back here and made a big dissertation about my accent, one day, when i'll really speak English =D

(Look my wonderful school-transition : As for me, furthermore, Well... i'm ready for the big test (le bac ^^) !)

31 Août 2008
9 289
19 383
6 054
Bruxelles
Have you ever heard of MyStyleFashion.co.uk? It's a community website, a kind of mini Madmoizelle :) created by New Look.

You have to apply on line, there is some questions as "who would you bring on a date" or "what do you think about fashion", that sort of stuff. And then, if you are lucky enough, you will receive an e-mail that confirm you can join the team.
Don't be feared, the selection, it's all fake! But, hey, it makes you feel unique and precious :d

A huge part of forums is dedicated to fashion, but it's a good way to improve your (and mine) english skills. I can remember that some madmoizelle were searching for Madmoizelle-like websites so.... :)

Edit : I can send invitation! If you want to apply, clic here, and then in the section where it says 'how did you hear about us', you say 'recommended by a friend' and write my full name (send me a MP (or PM?) to have my full name).

30 Août 2008
2 374
eaubonne
I guess I mostly speak British English. But, there are some words that I pronounce in the American way OR even in the Irish way.
Once, a girl told me I sounded Australian but...I don't think so. (Even if I like the Australian accent).

23 Janvier 2008
2 274
Perpignan
I really LOVE the australian accent !
It sounds quite funny even if I find it a bit difficult to understand when you're not fluent in english.

I don't know if I have the british accent or not when I talk in english, I just don't speak in english with the french accent ! Even if it sounds cute !

30 Août 2008
2 374
eaubonne
"I just don't get these people saying they love travelling so much, but they stick to their own culture."

I don't get that neither... Nowadays, when people travel to other countries, they eat at McDonalds, and they just visit touristic places because they don't want to go and discover a new culture.

KittyKiller

Vieux chat.
21 Juin 2008
5 814
30 112
5 934
Paris
I spent quite some time with a New Yorker this week end (a friend's friend, not a newspaper). And, yes, I have to admit, I've totally lost my accent; but honestly it doesn't sadden me that much. I mean a French accent is cute after all, I used to be so focused on achieving a perfect British accent, now I really couldn't care less. Well, that's not 100% true. I try my best to have a rigorous accent on some words but I like slipping a loosely pronounced word here and there, I heard it gives me charm, I could definitely use some. No, what really annoys me is that I also seem to have lost a non negligeable part of my vocabulary. I happen to stumble over words from time to time. Now that I really can't admit. Still I spend a good amount of time writing/reading English on the internet. I should speak to myself in English, I speak to myself a lot, that would be a good training.

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes