MadmoiZelle speaks English

15 Décembre 2006
4 944
Glasgow
pinterest.com
Gaspard.;3641106 a dit :
I was in Melbourne/Victoria for 2 months, doing nothing except drinking beers and having fun (was pretty cool yay) but thats when i was a rich girl, then i moved to Queensland where i worked on a bananas farm (was awesome). Once ive saved enough dollars, i went down the east coast til Brisbane, then rode into Adelaide and crossed the desert - basically ive travelled the country.
(sorry im still really bad at tenses)
Their accent is hilarious, but not so terrible in big cities (Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide). When you're in the outback, it seems like they all are stupid ducks speaking to you (thats just how they sound, poor 'em). I think theres a lot of worst accent (scottish people i'm talking to you) tho. Or maybe i just got used to it...
Anyway, i still sound dannish when i speak english (everytime someone said that to me i was like wtf??? probably its just cos im blond and i dont really have the big strong accent frenchies are supposed to talk with)

well, AN AUSSIE TV SHOW? WHAT IS THIS ABOUT?

I couldn't agree more. In Glasgow right now, since a year or so and for about three years from now. Scottish accent is a bit strong but glaswegian one is quite something. Took me 2 month to get used to it and I still don't understand everyone ( I understand most of them though).

Hi, everyone :)

Finally a topic where I could understand everything (AND I promised myself that I won't reply here!). I'm a latvian girl, but my english is about the same level as my latvian... I can even express myself way better in english than my native language... (Probably, because you can find more resources in english... but that's not the reason why I posted here...)
Ok, now I should get to the reason why I decided to post here - I'm in France to learn the language (mind you, I came here in august with beginner french), but my french is horrible!

Anyone here who could talk with me or give me tips? :happy: (or just about anyone I could talk with in any language?)

Hope you have a wonderful day,
~Alise/Alice :)

27 Janvier 2011
4 744
Londres
I do not know what's wrong with me !
How arepeople kind with me ? It's unusual because I get use to the fact that no one pay attention to me and now that I meet new people (new friends) I do not know how to act and I am always affraid of doing something that will make them go away from me :facepalm:

8 Avril 2012
1 246
2 397
1 654
Hello!

I've just seen this topic! This is so great! I love so much English, this is a great idea!

But, hum, I must say that I haven't read what you're talking about, I'm a bit tired, sorry...

So, what are you up to? Is there a special topic of discussion?

Nighty night! =)

21 Septembre 2009
10 124
11 218
8 544
AliceMerveille hi Alice ! Don't be afraid to explore a little bit the forum and its french part ! It helps a lot to read french the way it's spoken, as we sometimes write on some topics. You'll be much more comfortable speaking with french people once you know a little more about "common" language rather than the scolar one :) And feel free to participate and to ask questions if you don't understand something ! That's how you learn !

And concerning tips, I recommend you to watch french TV shows. I'll be honest, most of them aren't as good as american or english ones :cretin: But it can help a lot. Hey frenchies out there, is there any french series you would recommend for Alice ?

8 Avril 2012
1 246
2 397
1 654
Marine Hawley;3657096 a dit :
@AliceMerveille

And concerning tips, I recommend you to watch french TV shows. I'll be honest, most of them aren't as good as american or english ones :cretin: But it can help a lot. Hey frenchies out there, is there any french series you would recommend for Alice ?

Well, she can still watch english tv shows with French language! Voices will sound weird but it can work that way =)

Or, you can have a penpal! I bet a LOT of Madmoizelle would love to write to you =)

17 Octobre 2011
1 405
1 006
2 654
twocraftypeas.blogspot.com
Hey :)
I had an English test last Tuesday and there was a translation exercice, I am not bad at this usually but I have to admit this damn short story had a lot of expression I didn't know. I'd like to have your opinion about this sentence.

There was little doubt that the speaker had lost all touch with his audience. It was scattered in patches about the hall - elderly ladies who made no attempt to hide their cruel boredom, and a few men, with the appearance of retired officers, who put a show of attention.

How would you translate the part in bold?

M

meiko-3

Hello girls ! :hello:

I am a French student. I want to make progress in English because I need to speak English very well for my studies. So, I want to meet you ! :fleur:

7 Juillet 2009
4 714
What a great topic (???)! This year I don't have english lessons anymore, but I don't want to loose all my knowledge.... I think in two sentences I made big mistakes so... see you soon guys.

M

meiko-3

First, a big breakfast with my computer and TV shows. Then, nothing, nothing, nothing and nothing ! It's holidays ! :yawn:
No, my boyfriend comes back this afternoon. :)

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes