MadmoiZelle speaks English

25 Décembre 2008
4 814
Paris
Jones.;1563470 a dit :
There are a lot of australian soaps on the internet, can't think of any right now but i don't think they are that hard to find

And anyway, it sounds more or less like the english accent really(well to me anyway). A bit thicker maybe, but i guess it can't be worse than the scottish accent! Going in Edinburgh at the end of july, it's gonna be funny.

edit :

Jones, i didn't know about theses australian soaps! I wish you a very good trip in Scotland^^

Tangerine;1563483 a dit :
Don't worry, the Australian accent is not that bad ;) Well, at least the Tasmanian one, and I heard that Tasmanian and mainland accents are different. But anyway, it should be ok, it can't be as bad as the New Zealand/Maori one! Here's the trailer of a Maori movie, i loved it, it's an amazing movie, but sometimes was kinda hard to understand.
You can also watch Rabbit-proof Fence, a wonderful movie about the Australian Aborigines. It's a true story, absolutely heart-rending.

Hey Tangerine, my australian girl^^ I like your references and i very excited to be in Australia and New Zealand. I hope that I'm really enjoy this trip and have fun.

What do you think about australian boys?

9 Août 2008
2 109
1 096
1 854
Dijon
Zen-alia;1564599 a dit :
Nobody can help me with that? :sad:

If you like the Beatles (and if you don't, well, you should !), you can try to watch their movies such as A Hard Day's Night or Help!. It's not great cinema, but the Beatles are worth watching the movies.:happy: I think you can find Beatles' interviews on YouTube. (ok, now I stop talking about them)

12 Septembre 2009
1 494
1 854
Auxerre
Eleen;1564739 a dit :
If you like the Beatles (and if you dont, well, you should !), you can try to watch their movies such as A Hard Day's Night or Help!. It's not great cinema, but the Beatles are worth watching the movies.:happy: I think you can find Beatles' interviews on YouTube. (ok, now I stop talking about them)

Oh right!! I forgot the Beatles were from Liverpool! (shame on me)

Thanks a lot, i'm going to check it out! :d

9 Août 2008
2 109
1 096
1 854
Dijon
Zen-alia;1564754 a dit :
Oh right!! I forgot the Beatles were from Liverpool! (shame on me)

Thanks a lot, i'm going to check it out! :d

Everytime I hear about Liverpool, the word "BEATLES" pops up in my mind :d

18 Avril 2008
1 346
2 484
I wonder I speak english fluently... :pray:
Since I have finished school, I feel my english is getting worse... although I love this language.

15 Décembre 2008
2 588
2 490
5 174
Hi !
I have a question too : do we put an "s" to the verb when the subject is "everyone" or "everybody" ? I would have say yes but i'm not sure ...

And just like L'éponge, i'm wondering if my english is good enough :/ I'm going to LEA next year ( english / spanish ) and i'm a little scared i have to say. I don't know what to expect

15 Décembre 2008
2 588
2 490
5 174
BryterLayter;1593614 a dit :
Yeah basically, everyone/everybody works as a singular word. But, strange fact, when you want to use a pronoun to refer to this 'everyone'/'everybody', you have to use 'they'.
e.g.: "Everybody is making a fool out of me, Why do they act that way??".

But in informal English I often here people just ignore this rule and use "everyone" as a plurial word.

Oh, as for your worries about your English level, I think you should'nt worry that much, because average highschool languages level is quite low, so if you had a proper level in highschool, everything's gonna be alright, I mean, most students that start the Uni have a highschool English level, and the teachers are aware of it and they'll roll with it.
What was your English level in highschool, nearly? :)

Aw, thanks :)

About my level, i'm in a european class since the 4ème, so i don't really have difficulties; but i'm not really good when it's about speaking. It's not really fluent (?)
Sometimes i start a sentence, and realise it's impossible to finish it ^^'
That's what i'm trying to improve :)

15 Décembre 2008
2 588
2 490
5 174
Yes, your link doesn't work BryterLayter, i think it's because you forgot the 's', it's interpals no ? ^^
Thanks for this, it seems cool :)

& i totally agree with you ... We are in an english class, but we never speak. I figure it out when we tried to organize a debate. Nobody was really able to answer spontaneously.

I will try to watch movies in english, but maybe with the subtitles ( in english ), sometimes they speak so fast i can't get a word ^^'

15 Décembre 2008
2 588
2 490
5 174
Yeah, with the european class it's all about being lucky or not.
In 1ère, we were 8 in my european class, we could speak and organize debates or discussions easily.
This year we were about 40 pupils, and actually we had to make a debate ( the only one ) because one day the professor had forgotten his papers ...
( + if you have a "bad" professor :x )

What are you going to study pomie ? :)

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes