MadmoiZelle speaks English

27 Août 2009
2 050
4 044
Hi everybody! I hope I'm not coming too last to participate in the forum! Well, first I would like to apologize for many mistakes that I could do haha.

I've been one month I in the USA, that is to say two hour far from Chicago, when I was 16 old, and I really enjoyed it! I would like to go there again, maybe to work in a summercamp or something like that. Did you spend also time in other english country?

I really want to improve my english, maybe I should try to take the TOEFL but next year. Do you guys know some english books, which are "easy". Because last year, I tried to read an english book, but it was too difficult so I gave up this idee. I'm moreover surching for some streaming sites, in there I could watch series with french/ english subtitles. Thanks :rotate:

21 Décembre 2008
Bouchemaine
Hey Hellagood, this year with my reinforced english class I read the book "A Lesson Before Dying" written by Ernest J. Gaines. I was just like you with english books: I didn't feel I was good enough to understand it, I gave up everytime, but this book isn't hard, sometimes there are some words that you don't know but it's important to discover new words too so it wasn't a problem for me... But it's about segregation in the late forties so if you want to read something more fun, it's not a good choice...

I went to England third, and if you want to go there to improve your english, don't go in the North for example I went to Hull and Hornsea, in Yorkshire: people there have a big accent, sometimes you can't understand them (juste like if you were an english people speaking with Marseillais... not so easy!) so I think that London or Birmingham, the south or the center of England can be good :)

Good luck ;)

27 Août 2009
2 050
4 044
Firstly I really want to thank BryterLayter, Vultures and Coconut-Syrup for your advices. You're sincerely very very nice! :small:

Well I'm 18 old, and I'm interessting by a lot of subjects, especially indians in America. I was reading a book about it, but in french.
I know Meg Cabot! I read it when I was 14 old. But I so much liked it that I think it would be great to remember her stories, and read it in english!
Oh I forgot to say that I spend one week in Wales with my school in 3ème, and there accent is really hard too haha!

For the moment I'm trying to watch movies in english with french subtitles and then with the english ones. I think it could help a lot.
Otherwise, this year, I used to read Today in english at school: I though it was good but quite easily. What do you think of Go english? Or do you know other english magazines, which could help?

What do you like the most in english countries?

15 Décembre 2008
2 588
2 490
5 174
Pomie, fingers crossed for Sciences Po still !
( still ? though ? I don't know what word i should put to say 'quand même' )

Hellagood, this year i read Brooklyn Follies, from Paul Auster. I didn't find it really difficult, sometimes you don't understand words or sentences but still you can understand the story.
And it's one of the rare book i read with school i appreciated !
( & you go to the USA, oooh lucky girl i wanna kill ! :happy: )

BryterLayter;1599232 a dit :
Ha, and I'm gladly back to my Desproges-craze period, so I just felt like posting this vid, it's not really in English but nevermind, makes me hilarious, I love it! :yawn:

OMG who's that guy ?:yawn:

I have one too
, i love it !

A

Ayden

Yesterday, I went in a new company to learn how it work there (because I'm gonna work in, a few days) and I saw that there was a lot of English-spoken person who come for meeting or interview. So, I will have to reception them with my poor english. I thing it's going to be tough at first and then I will be used to it (I hope).

9 Août 2008
2 109
1 096
1 854
Dijon
Leina;1637494 a dit :
Yesterday, I went in a new company to learn how it work there (because I'm gonna work in, a few days) and I saw that there was a lot of English-spoken person who come for meeting or interview. So, I will have to reception them with my poor english. I thing it's going to be tough at first and then I will be used to it (I hope).

Maybe it will be hard in the beginning, but look at the bright side : it's a very good way to improve your english. (which is not that bad, actually) Anyway, I hope everything will be fine :)

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes