MadmoiZelle speaks English

1 Novembre 2005
4 369
4 901
5 194
The Auld Alliance is in the Marais, rue François Miron. That's where my classmates and I go for a well earned post-linguistics drink.

3 Juillet 2009
2 242
1 201
3 364
Paris
Laetitia;2490125 a dit :
Actually, where I live the warmth isn't a big problem. We're far from the 40°C that everybody is talking about :)

Where do you live ? Well, i'm in Paris at the moment, and it's about 25° i think but way too hot for me ! Seriously, I think i'm gonna move to Sweden :cretin: It's never hot there, that's perfect for me !

Lenn;2490159 a dit :
Haha that's what I always say to my mom ! There's always a way to be warm in winter ( and that does not always involve clothes :winky: ... :shifty: )

:cretin: Now I'd like to see that ! :cretin:!

Oh yeah :winky: That's why winter's definitely the best season ! How can you look sexy when you're all sweat just because you get out of your house in the middle of the day :facepalm:
I gotta admit, in summer, i stay naked when in my house :shifty: Please tell me i'm not the only one ? :yawn:

A

AnonymousUser

SuzeDream;2492093 a dit :
You are so lucky ! I forgot a word as you say !

Haha no problem. There were some thunderstorm yesterday, I think temperature has reduced! Yahou!

20 Juillet 2010
1 484
3 964
www.instagram.com
Today in English's class i was so ridiculous when my teacher ask me to speak english after 2 month of Holiday ! :shifty:
I'm in First , but i'm not sure that i speak a really good english and in my class there are two girls who are American from LA and English :erf: So , it's not easier to speak , i have scared by her :stressed:

Sorry for the bad english and faulses but i wanted to try speak english and it's not really good ! :facepalm:

21 Février 2007
1 243
3 224
Steinseltz
Well, it's always hard to speak a language you don't know well, because you might feel ashamed. But you shouldn't be, and instead, try to talk as much as you can - with native people, if possible ! That way, you'll improve really fast :)

28 Août 2006
2 368
1 248
4 984
Ballerina a dit :
Today in English's class i was so ridiculous when my teacher ask me to speak english after 2 month of Holiday ! :shifty:
I'm in First , but i'm not sure that i speak a really good english and in my class there are two girls who are American from LA and English :erf: So , it's not easier to speak , i have scared by her :stressed:

Sorry for the bad english and faulses but i wanted to try speak english and it's not really good ! :facepalm:
I'm not really sure but I'm going to (try to ?) correct your sentences.
"when my teacher ask me to speak english", it's "my teacher asked me to speak english".

When you say "It's not easier to speak", you should write only "easy" no ? (Don't hesitate to correct me if I say something wrong x) ) Because, to my mind, "easier" is right when you compare two things like "I love mathematics, I think it's easier than geography", you must only use "easier" with "than".

"and faulses", you should use "mistakes" !

When I wrote my cover letter to apply for an interniship in a Art gallery, I said that I have a good knowledge in english (I made the mistake to say "maitrise courante") whereas I just know a basic vocabulary and I make so many mistakes so I'm afraid of the recruitement interview even if I don't think they are going to speak to me in english... We never know!

20 Janvier 2009
2 327
1 414
5 244
Lyon
solesinmyuniverse.com
Erin.;2515176 a dit :
I'm not really sure but I'm going to (try to ?) correct your sentences.
"when my teacher ask me to speak english", it's "my teacher asked me to speak english".

When you say "It's not easier to speak", you should write only "easy" no ? (Don't hesitate to correct me if I say something wrong x) ) Because, to my mind, "easier" is right when you compare two things like "I love mathematics, I think it's easier than geography", you must only use "easier" with "than".

"and faulses", you should use "mistakes" !

When I wrote my cover letter to apply for an interniship in a Art gallery, I said that I have a good knowledge in english (I made the mistake to say "maitrise courante") whereas I just know a basic vocabulary and I make so many mistakes so I'm afraid of the recruitement interview even if I don't think they are going to speak to me in english... We never know!

Of course you can write that you have "a good knowledge in english" on ur cover letter! Your english is good, there's no doubt about it :top:

28 Août 2006
2 368
1 248
4 984
Alecto;2520599 a dit :
And sorry but the mistake's important, never "will" after "when" :)
I didn't know that ! And when you want to say "quand je serai contente" how do you translate this sentence ? :shifty:

28 Août 2006
2 368
1 248
4 984
Ah ok, ça me semble logique en fait. Et c'est comme ça que j'aurais construit ma phrase instinctivement ! Merci !

25 Avril 2011
Dijon
Last year I passed the TOEIC, and I remember thinking that the questions were definitely not what I was expecting. I thought we'd be asked grammatical things, but really most of the questions were about everyday life, things you can't really know unless you've lived in an english speaking country ( ok I may be exagerating here :) and yeah I didn't know anything abt the TOEIC before that :cretin:).
For example I remember there were quite a lot of questions about architecture, talking about blue prints and things like that. Luckily I had just watched a movie about architecture so I knew what they were talking about but most of my classmates were lost.

So yeah, random thinking :)

28 Août 2006
2 368
1 248
4 984
I think your translation is good but I'm not sure.
Translators are the devil :shifty: (I don't know if english people use this expression...)

3 Juillet 2009
2 242
1 201
3 364
Paris
I swear the best way to learn english is to watch all the Carl Barât's interview, this man doesn't speak, he mumbles all the time ! Once you're able to understand everything he says then, you can understand everyone else :cretin:

Les Immanquables du forum

Participe au magazine !
Une info qu'on devrait traiter sur madmoiZelle ?

Nouvelle ou perdue ?
Pas de panique, on t'aime déjà !

La charte de respect du forum
Le guide technique &
le guide culturel du forum
Viens te présenter !
Un problème technique ?
Topic d'entraide sur l'orthographe et la grammaire

La chefferie vous informe
Les annonces de l'équipe concernant le forum et madmoiZelle
Rendre visite à madmoiZelle
Le médiateur du forum
Soutiens madmoiZelle financièrement
Topic dédié à la pub sur mad
Si vous aimez madmoiZelle, désactivez AdBlock !

Les immanquables
Les topics de blabla
En ce moment... !

Mode - Beauté - Ciné - Musique - Séries - Littérature - Jeux Vidéo - Etudes - Ecriture - Cuisine - People - Télévision

Envie de rencontrer des MadZ ?
Viens trouver le forum de ta ville !

Mode
Le pire de la mode
Ces vêtements qui te font envie
Ta tenue du jour
La tenue qui plaît
Tes derniers achats de fringues

Beauté
Astuces,bons plans économies & dupes
Le topic des vernis
Questions beauté en tout genre

Culture
Le meilleur des images du net
L'aide aux devoirs
Tu écoutes quoi ?
Quelle est ta série du moment ?
Quel livre lisez-vous en ce moment ?
Le dernier film que vous avez vu à la maison
Le topic philosophique

Société
Topic des gens qui cherchent du travail
Voyager seule : conseils et témoignages
Trucs nuls de la vie d'adulte : CAF, Banque, Mutuelle, Logement etc...

Les topics universels
Je ne supporte pas
Je ne comprends pas
Ca me perturbe
Je me demande
J'adore...
Je m'en veux de penser ça mais...

Cupidon
Le topic des amoureuses
Le topic des polyamoureuses
Les Célibattantes